Author: The Flax Chef
Recipe type: Bread
Serves: 4 dozen 10 cm (4 inch) buns
Simple and delicious... nothing beats fresh buns!
- 25 ml (2 tbsp) fast rising instant yeast
- 2 L ( 8 cups) all-purpose flour
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) ground flax seed
- 125 ml (½ cup) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 ml (1 tsp) salt
- 750 ml (3 cups) lukewarm water
- In a bowl, mix yeast, 1 L (4 cups) flour and ground flax.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs and salt. Add water and stir.
- Add flour mixture to the liquid and beat until well blended.
- Add remaining flour and knead.
- Let rise 15 minutes.
- Punch down and let rise again 15 minutes.
- Punch down and form into buns.
- Let rise one hour.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove and cool on a rack.
Serving size: 1 bun Calories: 109 Fat: 1.5 g Saturated fat: .2 g Carbohydrates: 20.3g Sodium: 55 mg Fiber: 1.2 g Protein: 3.3 g Cholesterol: 8.8 mg